Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Forum der Huskies-Fans-Online, der erste und einzige Online-Fanclub der Kassel Huskies

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 269 mal aufgerufen
 NHL und andere ausländische Ligen
MisterMorrison Offline

Hall-Of-Fame-Member

23.06.2003 23:09
Panthers pull a rat with final draft pick Antworten

In Antwort auf:
And by rat, we don't mean former player Scott Mellanby, we mean the real vermin as the Panthers try to pull a legal technicality over the league to draft Russian Alexander Ovechkin.

(posted Jun. 22, 7:33PM EDT)
The NHL draft is officially over, but not without a bang from the Florida Panthers. | Fan forum: Can Panthers pull it off?

Sportsnet has learned that with their final pick Sunday in the ninth round, the Panthers selected Alexander Ovechkin, the youngster from Russia who is almost certain to go number one in next year's draft.

The NHL rejected the pick since Ovechkin's birthday is Sep. 17, two days after the cut off day of Sep. 15 to be eligible for this year's draft. But the Panthers believe that due to a lack of clarity in the collective bargaining agreement, in terms of what constitutes a year, they may in fact have a case.

Since more than two leap years have occurred between the day he was born and the 2003 draft, the Panthers contend he is technically eligible now, and they plan to protest the NHL's ruling.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/story/105632...=10563252151787

sehr sehr geil, die panthers. ziehen mit ihrem 9. draftpick einen spieler, der zwei tage nach dem stichtag geboren ist, da sie der überzeugung sind die regularien im CBA seien so verschwommen, dass sie damit durchkommen würden. wenn sie den pick verlieren, was solls, wen juckt schon ein 9. pick - aber wenn sie durchkommen wäre es wohl der größte steal aller zeiten (ja, sogar größer als der forsberg trade 93 für quebec *g*) und ovechkin der am spätesten gezogene superstar, da er schon als sichere nummer eins für den 2004er draft gehandelt wurde. immerhin hat er bei den diesjährigen junioren weltmeisterschaften alles in grund und boden gespielt...

Move over dad 'cause I'm a double dipple
Upside down on th big dip dipper
1,2 - 1,2,3 I've got a ticket come ride with me
Let me go down on the marry-go-round
All is fair 'n a big fair ground
Let's go slow - let's go fast
Like a liqourice twist gonna whip your ass.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster

Sprung  

Kontakt zum Verantwortlichen: webmaster@huskies-fans-online.de

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz