Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Forum der Huskies-Fans-Online, der erste und einzige Online-Fanclub der Kassel Huskies

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 2 Antworten
und wurde 1.743 mal aufgerufen
 NHL und andere ausländische Ligen
Magro Offline

Hall-Of-Fame-Member

20.04.2004 09:08
Mike Danton arrested in murder plot Antworten

Mike Danton arrested in murder plot

WebPosted Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:56:41 EDT
CBC SPORTS ONLINE - Canadian NHL player Mike Danton was arrested by officials from the FBI in California for his alleged role in a murder-for-hire plot.
Danton was apprehended in San Jose on Friday morning, just hours after playing for the St. Louis Blues in Thursday night's playoff game against the Sharks.
St. Louis Blues forward Mike Danton will appear in fedreal court Monday. (CP Photo)
A criminal complaint filed in a federal court in Illinois states that Danton and a woman, 19-year-old Katie Wolfmeyer, allegedly attempted to hire a man to kill a male acquaintance.
The acquaintance had quarreled with Danton last Tuesday. The FBI said Danton claimed he took action because he feared for his life.

"It's beyond shock," said Blues forward Doug Weight on Saturday. "I don't know what to say."

"It's tough," Blues forward Keith Tkachuk told reporters. "I don't know what's going on. You guys probably know more than I do."

According to the complaint, Danton told Wolfmeyer that a "hit man" from Canada was coming to kill him and asked her if she knew someone who would kill the person for $10,000 US.

Authorities said Wolfmeyer, who was also arrested, confessed to helping Danton try to locate a "hit man," and that this person spoke with Danton on Wednesday.

The FBI said Danton hatched a plot where the man could kill the "hit man" at Danton's apartment. The plan was to make it look like two burglars had broken in, one being killed and the other making off with $3,000 Danton had in a safe.

The criminal complaint also said the argument involved "promiscuity and use of alcohol" by Danton, who "begged the acquaintance not to go to [Blues general manager Larry Pleau] ... and ruin his career."

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the court document also describes a recorded phone call the FBI persuaded the unidentified man to make to Danton, apparently before his arrest.

"The acquaintance called Danton and asked Danton why he wanted to have him killed," it says. "Danton broke down and sobbed. Danton explained that he felt backed into a corner and also felt that the acquaintance was going to leave him. Danton did not want to allow the acquaintance to leave him, therefore decided to have him murdered."

Authorities said Friday they have no reason to believe that the acquaintance or anyone else had been planning to kill Danton. "We couldn't confirm that to be accurate," said Marshall Stone, supervisory FBI special agent in Springfield, Ill.

Danton is charged with conspiring and using a telephone across state lines to set up a murder. If convicted, faces up to 10 years in prison and fines up to $250,000 US on each of the two counts.

In an interview with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Danton's agent Dave Frost, said he'd spoken with his client after the arrest. "Unequivocally, I can tell you it had nothing to do with drugs and alcohol, period. Once we get all the facts, we'll be able to realize what really happened. He's a good kid. He really is."

Frost also took time to counter growing speculation in headlines and wire stories that the incident involved Danton's fear of being outed as gay.

"This has nothing to do with a gay lover or his relationship with any female," Frost told the New York Daily News. "We're going to get him some help, some treatment. He's had some issues from his younger years that he needs to deal with."

"Once this story comes out, people are going to realize it's a simple thing. Psychologically, Mike's not where he needs to be. He's in a state of depression. He's in a state of paranoia. There was no fear of Larry Pleau. No fear of a gay lover."

Blues spokesman Frank Buonomo declined to comment Friday, saying in a statement, "The matter is in the hands of law enforcement officials and the judicial system."

The 23-year-old Danton was born near Toronto in Brampton Ont. He played junior hockey in the Ontario Hockey League for the Sarnia Sting, St. Mike's Majors and Barrie Colts.

The New Jersey Devils drafted him in the fifth round of the 2000 NHL Entry Draft. He was suspended by the Devils for the 2001-02 season after a dispute with general manger Lou Lamoriello.

Danton played 17 games with the Devils last season, before being traded to the Blues during the summer.

"He brings a great presence to the dressing room, so it's just real tough to see him go through this," Blues defenceman Bryce Salvador said. "I really do feel like he's family. It's unfortunate, because he's a great guy."

"We're worried about his life right now and what he's going through," added Weight. "It's a scary thought."

"I feel for him and I'm praying for him."

In summer of 2002 he legally changed his name from Michael Jefferson to Michael Danton. Reports say that was an outcome of his troubled relationship with his family.

Quelle: http://www.cbc.ca/storyview/MSN/2004/04/...s/danton-arrest

Und hier gleich noch nen Ausschnitt aus der Akte: http://www.ksdk.com/news/DantonComplaint.pdf

Magro

***Mitglied des WSVdkgMvJCV ***
(Weltschutzverband der kleinen grünen Männchen vor den großen Jimmy-Cola-Vernichtern)

***Alexander Serikow, zieh das Trikot aus! (...das Bayern Trikot)***
***Zak McKracken Nedved Eishockeygott***
***3. A7 Ted und Josh DeWolf Jünger!!!***

MisterMorrison Offline

Hall-Of-Fame-Member

09.11.2004 10:51
#2 RE:Mike Danton arrested in murder plot Antworten

Danton sentenced to 7 1/2 years in jail

Associated Press
11/8/2004

EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. (AP) - Former St. Louis Blues player Mike Danton was sentenced Monday to 7 1/2 years in prison for a failed murder-for-hire plot to kill his agent.

The 24-year-old from Brampton, Ont., remained silent as U.S. District Judge William Stiehl read the sentence. Asked by the judge if he wanted to speak, Danton declined.

``I do not believe in over 18 years on the bench I have been faced with a case as bizarre as this one,'' Stiehl said, noting that Danton chose a 19-year-old and a police dispatcher as his would-be helpers in the murder plot. ``The exact reasons you felt you needed to engage in a murder plot remain a mystery to me.''

Danton had faced up to 10 years in prison.

Danton's lawyer, Bob Haar, asked that Danton be placed in a Pennsylvania prison accustomed to handling inmates seeking international transfer applications. From there, Danton will seek placement at a Canadian prison, Haar said.

Meanwhile, Danton's hockey career is in jeopardy. There is no parole in the federal system and, Stiehl has noted, Danton may not be allowed to return to the United States after completing his sentence.

After the sentencing, Haar said: ``Throughout this whole thing, we haven't been thinking about hockey. I don't even know if that's ever going to be a possibility in any form.''

Danton's contract with the Blues expired after the 2003-04 season, and prosecutors and the FBI have said they won't oppose Danton's effort to transfer to a prison in Canada.

Danton pleaded guilty July 16 to murder conspiracy charges. Prosecutors have said the intended victim was David Frost, Danton's agent and his longtime Canadian youth hockey coach.

On Sept. 20, a federal jury acquitted Katie Wolfmeyer, 19, of Florissant, Mo., of charges that she helped Danton in the plot.

Danton's lawyer apologized on behalf of Danton to his Blues teammates and the organization, fans, friends and the court ``for the pain and disappointment he has caused.''

``His aspiration now is to return to Canada and put his life back together again,'' Haar said.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Stephen Clark noted one omission from the list of apologies.

``Your honour, I didn't hear among those apologies an apology to Katie Wolfmeyer, whom Mr. Danton involved in his escapades,'' he said.

Danton met Wolfmeyer at a suburban St. Louis mall where she worked at the Blues practice rink, and the two had a brief relationship.

Wolfmeyer testified at her trial that she didn't know Danton was trying to hire a hit man when he reached her by cellphone April 14. Wolfmeyer gave the phone to Justin Levi Jones, an acquaintance she had just met. At the time, Danton was with the Blues in San Jose, Calif., for a playoff game.

The next night, Wolfmeyer went with Jones to provide directions to Danton's apartment.

The plot unravelled when Jones, a police dispatcher, went to his co-worker and police chief with cellphone recordings of some of his first conversations with Danton. The FBI and other authorities followed Wolfmeyer and Jones to Danton's apartment.

Prosecutors had argued for a strong sentence because they said Danton encouraged Wolfmeyer and Jones to deceive authorities. The judge said authorities already were aware of the plot by that point, and Danton's suggestions did not hurt the investigation.

Wolfmeyer said after her trial that she planned to attend Danton's sentencing. On Monday, she told The Associated Press she rethought that decision and would instead spend the day at work.

``Why do I want to waste my time when this part of my life is over?'' Wolfmeyer said.

Wolfmeyer said her life is returning to normal. She is busy playing college volleyball as she attends St. Louis Community College.

Wolfmeyer said she gets recognized, and people do stop her sometimes to talk about the case or wish her well.

``People say nothing but good things,'' she said.

Danton has been jailed since his arrest April 16 in San Jose, Calif., a day after the San Jose Sharks eliminated the Blues from the playoffs. The Blues released Danton, a third-line checking forward, on July 1. He's now an unrestricted free agent.

Danton has had a troubled NHL career, but seemed to be finding himself with the Blues.

He came to the Blues in a June trade from the New Jersey Devils, where he had been twice suspended for disciplinary reasons. He sat out all of the 2001-02 season and played in just 17 games in 2002-03.

Danton had seven goals, 12 points and 141 penalty minutes last season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=104060

...ohweh...
wieviele Strafminuten sind eigentlich 7 1/2 Jahre? Das müsste doch 'n ganzer Batzen sein... geht das auch in die career-stats ein?

Meine Jersey-Homepage: http://www.mistermorrison.de
THERE'S JUST ONE WOLFMAN!
ROCK'N'ROLL, JOSH!

"If you want to screw around, we will take care of business."
Donald Brashear

Magro Offline

Hall-Of-Fame-Member

09.11.2004 13:27
#3 RE:Mike Danton arrested in murder plot Antworten

In Antwort auf:
wieviele Strafminuten sind eigentlich 7 1/2 Jahre? Das müsste doch 'n ganzer Batzen sein...

Eigentlich ist er sau dumm. Hätte er noch ein Jahr mit dem Gefängnisantritt gewartet hätte er ganze zwei Schaltjahre mitgenommen. So hat er nur 3942024 Strafminuten, die Flasche!

Magro

***Mitglied des WSVdkgMvJCV ***
(Weltschutzverband der kleinen grünen Männchen vor den großen Jimmy-Cola-Vernichtern)

*******************PLAY THE PHANTOMS STYLE*******************

Sprung  

Kontakt zum Verantwortlichen: webmaster@huskies-fans-online.de

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz