Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Forum der Huskies-Fans-Online, der erste und einzige Online-Fanclub der Kassel Huskies

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 1 Antworten
und wurde 377 mal aufgerufen
 NHL und andere ausländische Ligen
MisterMorrison Offline

Hall-Of-Fame-Member

23.06.2003 17:40
NHL-League plans clampdown on gear used by goalies Antworten

21 Jun 2003 03:39

NHL-League plans clampdown on gear used by goalies

By Scott Burnside

NASHVILLE, June 20 (Reuters) - The NHL, saying it has been soft on enforcing rules governing the size of equipment used by goaltenders, has pledged to clampdown next season.

Fines, suspensions and a more rigorous inspection schedule, including spot checks, are promised as the NHL tries to find ways to inject more offense into the game.

"We've got to do the right thing for the game," director of hockey operations Colin Campbell told reporters on Friday.

"Maybe our teams might not like it, and maybe the players might not like it, and maybe the players' lawyers might not like it. If someone stands in the way, we've got to try and do what we have to do.

"Whether it's fine the clubs, or fine the goaltenders, or fine them both."

The NHL and the players' association have worked to establish guidelines for equipment that provides adequate protection but also does not give goalies an unfair advantage over shooters.

HULLABALOO

Throughout last season there was a hullabaloo over the size of the goalies's knee pads, shoulder pads and gloves.

Even though almost every piece of gear is regulated in terms of size, Campbell said it was clear the equipment was exceeding the regulations.

Equipment is first measured during training camp and then during mid-season and finally before the start of the playoffs.

Campbell said they have to implement a fresh system of more random checks, including testing outside the main league offices in New York and Toronto to make sure goalies are not turning to new, illegal equipment between inspections.

"We've been exercising some sensitivity there and I think that's our problem," Campbell said. "We all know goaltenders, you don't want to mess with your goaltender, they have their superstitions."

In the past, goaltenders would find their gear measured at the end of games. "They hauled them right off the ice at the end of the game -- we may have to go back to that," Campbell said.

One man who supports the move is Wayne Gretzky. The NHL's greatest player, and now part owner of the Phoenix Coyotes, said unless the equipment was brought into line with the rules, the league would be stuck with low-scoring contests that are seen as a major impediment to the game's growth.

((Editing by Tony Jimenez; Reuters Messaging: tony.jimenez.reuters.com@reuters.net;44 20 7542 9465))

Move over dad 'cause I'm a double dipple
Upside down on th big dip dipper
1,2 - 1,2,3 I've got a ticket come ride with me
Let me go down on the marry-go-round
All is fair 'n a big fair ground
Let's go slow - let's go fast
Like a liqourice twist gonna whip your ass.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster

MisterMorrison Offline

Hall-Of-Fame-Member

23.06.2003 17:41
#2 RE:NHL-League plans clampdown on gear used by goalies Antworten

zu dem thema noch ein ganz interessantes bildchen:

Move over dad 'cause I'm a double dipple
Upside down on th big dip dipper
1,2 - 1,2,3 I've got a ticket come ride with me
Let me go down on the marry-go-round
All is fair 'n a big fair ground
Let's go slow - let's go fast
Like a liqourice twist gonna whip your ass.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster

Sprung  

Kontakt zum Verantwortlichen: webmaster@huskies-fans-online.de

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz