Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Forum der Huskies-Fans-Online, der erste und einzige Online-Fanclub der Kassel Huskies

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 352 mal aufgerufen
 NHL und andere ausländische Ligen
Magro Offline

Hall-Of-Fame-Member

16.02.2004 15:57
Roenick thinking of retirement Antworten

Report: Roenick thinking of retirement

The latest concussion suffered by Jeremy Roenick has the Philadelphia Flyers centre thinking about retirement.

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Roenick is expected to visit with Dr. Karen Johnston in Montreal to undergo some tests to determine the severity of his ninth concussion. Johnston also counts Eric Lindros as a client.

"I'm mulling over a lot of things right now and I'm not ruling out retirement," Roenick said Saturday. "We've talked about it in the last 24 hours. I have a lot to weigh. This is nine concussions, and that does something to you."

Roenick suffered a shattered jawbone and severe concussion when he was struck in the face by a Boris Mironov slapshot on Thursday night. He has undergone surgery to wire his jaw shut but the concussion seems to be causing more concern.

"I'm a little shook," said Roenick. "When you take two shots point-blank to the face like I have in the past two months, it's a pretty scary thing. I have to see how the neurological stuff turns out and how my body reacts before I do anything."

When told of the talk of retirement, Flyers' head coach Ken Hitchcock felt Roenick was letting his emotions get the better of him.

"I don't think there is any question he will be back," Hitchcock said. "Right now, he is riding an emotional wave... . He needs some rest."
Yet Roenick made it clear that he would set no timetable for his comeback, saying his health was most important to him.

"There are a lot of intangibles, said Roenick. "No one wants to come back more than I do, but no one has to live my life like I do. So I have to take very cautious steps in what I do here."

"I feel really bad that something like this has to happen... . This is a year I feel we can win the Cup, and I want to be part of every bit of it. It's very disheartening for me."

Quelle: http://www.tsn.ca

***Mitglied des WSVdkgMvJCV ***
(Weltschutzverband der kleinen grünen Männchen vor den großen Jimmy-Cola-Vernichtern)

***Alexander Serikow, zieh das Trikot aus! (...das Bayern Trikot)***
***Zak McKracken Nedved Eishockeygott***
***3. A7 Ted und Josh DeWolf Jünger!!!***

Stolzer Vorrunden-ohneBonus-Meister der Tipprunde

Sprung  

Kontakt zum Verantwortlichen: webmaster@huskies-fans-online.de

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz