Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Forum der Huskies-Fans-Online, der erste und einzige Online-Fanclub der Kassel Huskies

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 276 mal aufgerufen
 NHL und andere ausländische Ligen
Magro Offline

Hall-Of-Fame-Member

08.07.2004 23:55
Thornton goes Swiss Antworten

Thornton signs with Swiss team Davos

TSN.ca Staff with files

7/8/2004

The Boston Bruins' dramatic offseason continued Thursday as IMG Hockey announced that they have finalized a new contract for client Joe Thornton to play with HC Davos of the Swiss Elite League for the upcoming season.

The Bruins' captain and three-time NHL All-Star is a Group II Restricted Free Agent without a contract. "I am very excited about the opportunity to play with Davos," said Thornton in a statement released by IMG. "It is a fantastic hockey environment and has a long tradition of excellence in European hockey circles."

HC Davos has long been recognized as one of the most top hockey franchises in Europe and competes in the Swiss Elite League. The club is also well known for its annual Spengler Cup tournament held every December.

"We are very happy for Joe. Davos is one of the premier hockey clubs to play for in Europe," said J.P. Barry, Managing Director of IMG Hockey. "As we are all aware there may not be NHL Hockey next season and this agreement will allow Joe to play hockey at the highest level in a unique environment that he may otherwise not have ever experienced."

The news comes as another chapter in a topsy-turvy offseason saga for the Bruins, who have already lost core players to the summer's free agent market. Forward Mike Knuble signed with the Philadelphia Flyers as an unrestricted free agent Saturday, and defenceman Sean O'Donnell signed a three-year, $6-million deal with the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday.

Reports also indicate that forward Glen Murray appears close to signing with a new team, but the biggest story to hit the rumour mill came Sunday when the New York Post reported that Thornton wanted out of town.

General manager Mike O'Connell told the Boston Globe Wednesday that he spoke to Thornton and his agent, J.P. Barry and got no indication that he was disgruntled.

"I read the article (yesterday) morning," O'Connell told the paper. "Someone told me about it. I called Larry (Brooks) and I told him, 'I don't know where you got this,' and he said he got it from very reliable sources. But I spoke with Joe in Toronto at the awards dinner. Never did he mention anything to that effect to me. I met with his agent at the NHL draft and never was it brought up that he wanted to be traded. It's all news to me."

The Post story said Thornton, who was held pointless while playing with a rib injury in the playoffs against the Montreal Canadiens, was unhappy he wasn't supported more by management.

Quelle: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=90501

Magro

***Mitglied des WSVdkgMvJCV ***
(Weltschutzverband der kleinen grünen Männchen vor den großen Jimmy-Cola-Vernichtern)

***Alexander Serikow, zieh das Trikot aus! (...das Bayern Trikot)***
***Zak McKracken Nedved Eishockeygott***
***3. A7 Ted und Josh DeWolf Jünger!!!***

Sprung  

Kontakt zum Verantwortlichen: webmaster@huskies-fans-online.de

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz